The Hard Facts
Principles of Conduct
IAWF Principles of Conduct
Principles of Conduct – Living Our Values – Leading by Example
If You Witness or are Subjected to Unacceptable Behavior
Any IAWF officer, Board Member, Diversity and Inclusivity Committee member, or any IAWF individual wearing a Planning Committee nametag, a session moderator, or anyone staffing the registration or IAWF tables are designated IAWF representatives and you can talk to them. Someone will nearly always be at the at the Conference registration desk and you can report to them and they will contact an IAWF designated representative. Anonymous reporting:
Use the Spot application. Connection links and scan codes are provided in mobile app and on posters around the facility. The link to report for an IAWF event or IAWF involvement from your computer or phone is:
We are committed to ensuring the needs of all our guests are met. If you have any special needs, please let us know in advance so we can accommodate you.
For more information about the accessibility of the hotel, visit their webpage.
IAWF Green Conference Initiative:
The International Association of Wildland Fire (IAWF) is committed to minimizing the environmental impact of its conferences and meeting through:
- Hosting meetings at environmentally sustainable or LEED Certified venues.
- Reducing the amount of solid waste produced by the event.
- Reducing energy and water consumption at the event.
- Minimizing or off-setting harmful emissions resulting from vehicular transportation and energy consumption associated with the event.
- Disposing of solid and liquid waste in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Selecting facilities who have developed a sustainability policy.
- Buying environmentally aware products.
- Educating participants and exhibitors.
- Selecting a venue committed to Corporate Responsibility.
- Providing limited printed materials;
- Providing a Mobile Application (PheedLoop) with digital agenda;
- Providing recycling receptacles throughout the venue;
- Providing thoughtful giveaways (sustainable and useful);
- Working with the venue to provide sustainable catering choices, and using local food vendors as much as possible.
Hotel: Guided by our sustainability and social impact platform, Serve 360: Doing Good in Every Direction, Marriott International commits to creating positive and sustainable impact wherever we do business. Marriott Sustainability and Social Impact Statement
Pasadena Convention Center is one of the country’s greenest convention centers. Because of its commitment to environmental responsibility, the expanded Pasadena Convention Center has been awarded the highly coveted LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold Certification from the United States Green Building Council. Pasadena Convention Center’s Go Green Initiatives
If you are breastfeeding or traveling with children, please let us know in advance so we can make your time at the conference more comfortable. We will have a quiet nursing room for breastfeeding and pumping and we can help find childcare close to the conference location.
IAWF’s number one priority is the health and safety of our event participants. Our goal is to hold a safe event, recognizing it is not possible to remove all risks, in particular concerning COVID-19. Only fully vaccinated people can attend the conference in person. IAWF will put required measures in place to provide a safe environment for its event attendees. Policies will be set according to CDC and public health recommendations, federal, state, and local regulations applicable at the time of the event, and what IAWF deems necessary to manage the risk for its event attendees. IAWF may change, update, or add to these requirements at any time as it deems prudent to best protect the health and safety of attendees and others, and attendees must comply with relevant policies and requirements as communicated by IAWF.
IAWF cannot be held liable for COVID-19 cases arising because of event attendance and currently requires of all attendees at IAWF in-person meetings and events to provide or agree to the following:
- Masking is strongly recommended for everyone, regardless of vaccination status, in indoor public spaces because transmission remains a significant risk for many in Pasadena and across Los Angeles County and state. Surgical masks or respirators (e.g., N95s, KN95s, KF94s) with good fit remain highly recommended.
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19
Attendees will be expected to take common actions to reduce the risk of COVID transmission and to behave responsibly (including leaving the event area) in case of exposure to a COVID case or experiencing symptoms. In such case, attendees should seek appropriate medical attention, including a COVID-19 test, and must immediately inform IAWF should a COVID-19 test be positive during the event or in the 14 days following the event.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we navigate this dynamic environment.